Patricia Piccinini Workshop
- Participants to meet at ArtPlay at 10AM
- Recommended for ages 9—13
- The workshop runs from 10AM—1PM
In this special event for young people, a guide will take you on a tour through Patricia Piccinini's exhibition A Miracle Constantly Repeated in the spectacular ballroom, and surrounding rooms, above Flinders Street Station.
Come and discover an eco-system of hyper-real silicone sculptures, enormous dioramas and sentient saplings while learning from Australia’s foremost visual artist.
After touring the exhibition you will return to ArtPlay and work with visual artist Sue Davis, to further explore the themes that Patricia investigates such as humanity’s relationship to technology and the environment.
With Sue you will use collage techniques to create 2D Chimeras (hybrid creatures, composed of different animal parts) in their own fantastical landscapes.
$35 + transaction fee
- Note | Recommended for ages 9—13
- Note | Capacity limits prevent parents from accompanying the excursion or workshop
- Duration | 3 hours
- Info | Participating children will be dropped off at ArtPlay, where they will be escorted to the exhibition at Flinders Street Station and back to ArtPlay for the workshop