Anything & Everything
Platform Arts, infinity ensemble
Young people’s lives are dominated by social media: selfies, meme cycles, video filters, "likes" and emojis. This screen culture defines their generation, but it's a world often hidden from the adults in their lives.
Set in a TV studio, Anything & Everything is a live performance that glimpses into the intimate online and IRL spaces where young people navigate technology, identity, ability, connection and consent.
Director Jackson Castiglione (The Dispute) works with an ensemble of artists aged between 11 and 21 who've collaborated online for the last two years. As the performers joke, share and converse live onstage, their peers manipulate cameras, digital filters and video. Together they augment their identities in real-time to explore the thresholds between screen, reality and agency.
POST SHOW Q&A WITH INFINITY ENSEMBLE—SUN 12 JUNE, 7PM
Join the infinity ensemble as they discuss themes of agency, identity and how technology plays a role in these processes.
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Facilitator: Sarah Austin
- Price: Free
FRI 3—SUN 12 JUNE
PERFORMANCE TIMES VARY
SEE SESSION DETAILS
DATES AND TIMES
FRI 3 JUNE, 6PM
SAT 4 JUNE, 5.30PM AND 8PM
SUN 5 JUNE, 3.30PM AND 6PM
THU 9 JUNE, 6PM
FRI 10 JUNE, 5.30PM AND 8PM
SAT 11 JUNE, 5.30PM AND 8PM
SUN 12 JUNE, 3.30PM AND 6PM
$45—50 + transaction fee
- Duration | 60 minutes
- Warnings | The show contains themes of discrimination and strobe lighting effects
- Disclaimer | Upon purchasing ticket, you agree to the use of your image during the performance
- Note | All ticket purchasers can redeem a free 12 month ACMI membership. See confirmation email for details
- Q&A: SUN 12 JUNE, 7PM | Free, 45 minutes
ACMI is fully wheelchair accessible. Please view the ACMI venue link for more information.
Session times offering the following services:
- Auslan | Sun 5 June, 3.30PM and Sat 11 June, 5.30PM
- The Show will have an Auslan translator for the spoken elements
- Relaxed Performance | Thu 9 June, 6PM
- The show will be augmented to become a relaxed showing. Read the Relaxed Guide.
IMAGES: SARAH WALKER
STYLIST: EVA GILBERT